- Social Media Content ManagerOct 2012 - Present
Allstate Insurance, Northbrook, IL
- Work across the company to advise on social media strategy and schedule and revise content to best fit campaign goals. Duties also include:
- Developed processed and guidelines for posting on Allstate flagship social media assets (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Vine).
- Implemented paid social media to fit specific campaign and overall social team objectives. Includes creative and platform strategies, budget adherence, vendor management and campaign analytics.
- Created and maintained playbook of best practices for posting on flagship social media assets.
- Report out and analyze metrics on key successes, challenges and opportunities to further enhance social content programs.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive marketing communications plan for catastrophe events.
- Contributing WriterJune 2010 - Present
Snack Food and Wholesale Bakery magazine, BNP Media, Deerfield, IL
- Wrote and researched various reports including market trends and state of the industry articles.
- Digital Content CoordinatorFeb 2012 - Oct 2012
Allstate (assigned by Kelly Services), Northbrook, ILJob Details
- Coordination of digital content for the Allstate blog including editing, writing, content ideation and vendor management.
- Aided in the platform migration of the blog from Jive to WordPress.
- Copyediting and vendor management of Allstate RSS newsfeed for web publication and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Creation of content for the main Allstate website using optimized keywords to accommodate consumer search gaps.
- Creation and scheduling of social media posts for promoting strategic blog content via Allstate’s Twitter, Facebook and Google+ accounts along with creating additional posts for agents to use on their individual social media pages.
- Management of account with external vendor which included creating copy for monthly email blasts, website design reviews and creation and overall communications.
- Freelance Writer/EditorJan 2010 - Present
- Researched and copyedited all website text for The Education and Research Foundation for Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging’s new website. (September 2013)
- Copyedited a media guide book for campaign materials created for See3 Communication’s international client (December 2011)
- Created SEO-driven web copy, press releases and an assortment of other writing projects for various clients along with copyediting an SEO instructional book for potential clients with 92 West branding and web design firm (October 2010 – July 2011)
- Edited and copy wrote regional event brochure for the Omaha and Lincoln, Neb. chapters of the American Society for Training and Development (March 2011)
- Produced advertorials for Barrington Broadcasting Group, LLC (November 2010)
- Composed press release on gardening trends for Strata-G Communications public relations firm (March 2010)
- Healthcare Marketing CoordinatorSept 2007 - Feb 2012
HDR Architecture, Inc., Chicago, ILJob Details
- Directed the coordination of all marketing efforts which lead the award for design of the new Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, a landmark high-rise healthcare and research building located in downtown Chicago.
- Piloted the promotional campaign for the Chicago office’s 15th anniversary which included writing a feature article for the internal monthly publication and a blurb for the company website, commemorative logo design, and the creation and distribution of various marketing materials
- Managed, wrote and designed proposals, organized staff and created presentations and materials for client interviews for the Chicago, Cincinnati, Lexington and Madison offices along with the national design-build office.
- Coordinated logistics for healthcare conferences and tradeshows including securing booth space, creating and ordering materials, set-up and tear down and public relations.
- Managed and tracked upcoming projects, fee projections and client relationship management.
- Created and circulated internal monthly newsletters for the Chicago office and wrote several articles for the company-wide Young Professionals Group newsletter and the company-wide monthly publication.
- Social Media Content ManagerOct 2012 - Present
- AP Style Writing
- Industry Trend Articles
- Press Releases
- Blog Posts
- Social Media
Strategy and Consulting, Marketing, Advertising, Analytics and Measurement
- Digital Content Strategy
- Adobe Creative Suite
InDesign, Photoshop, Reader
- Microsoft Office
Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
“Jen hosts a deep understanding of social media and an insight for strategy & planning that make her a wonderful resource and an integral asset to our company. Jen continues to be recognized as a social media expert and our internal business partners seek out her knowledge. She is collaborative, results driven and always keeps the customer at the center of all of her work. I would not hesitate to recommend Jen as she would be an asset to any organization. I see nothing but tremendous upside and growth potential in Jen and her talents.”
“As this was my first experience in the professional world, I greatly appreciated Jen’s patience and intuition as my manager. Her greatest strength would have to be her attention to details. To this day I have not met a more organized person. I would not be where I am without her knowledge on all things social. She truly wanted me to learn and grow from this experience and I could not have asked for a better teacher.”
“Jen is a trustworthy, consistent and reliable contributor that we have enlisted for several years now at Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery. She produces great results with detail. I recommend Jen for various writing positions and appreciate her help.”
“Jen is a detail-oriented content creator and manager, and is very effective at managing a project from inception to completion. She efficiently multitasks and meets deadlines consistently. Jen can conceive, write and edit compelling content geared to engage a particular audience, and also has a knack for utilizing social media as an extension of content marketing.”
“Jen’s marketing background and true talent with words brings beauty and effectiveness to our clients copy. She is able to craft compelling and meaningful messages that reach a broader landscape than what I had ever imagined possible. Simply put, she gets it. In a time where messaging and imagery need to be effective in 5 seconds or less, she’s the one I want at the helm when we’re writing compelling content. I would strongly recommend Jen for any writing assignment as her elegance with the written word can only enhance your marketing message.”
“Jen assisted us in applying her expertise as a writer to the content we had developed for a conference brochure that would be mailed to over 5000 potential attendees. She was quick, efficient, and gave us great suggestions of how to direct the wording of our brochure to engage a diverse group of potential attendees. Our organization would definitely look to Jen for assistance on future projects.”